Taliban Operations in Baghlan Repelled, Says Afghanistan Freedom Front

7/15/2022

Afghanistan Freedom Front (AFF) on Friday said that the Taliban operation in Khost wa Farang district of Baghlan province has been repelled.

In a statement, AFF confirmed that the Taliban had launched 13 attacks on three of their bases on Friday morning, which was countered.

AFF claimed that 28 Taliban fighters had been killed and 18 others had been injured in the clashes.

Taliban officials have not commented on the launch of any operations in Baghlan and the casualties inflicted to its forces.

On Thursday, Mullah Yaqoob, the Taliban's Defense Minister, visited Andrab district and Qari Fasihuddin, the group's Chief of Staff of army, went to Khost district of Baghlan province.

According to local sources, the two senior military officials of the Taliban had asked NRF and AFF forces in the two districts of Khost and Andrab to "surrender" to the group, which was rejected by the resistance forces.

There are also reports of massive deployment of Taliban forces in Baghlan province. Sources have also reported clashes between Taliban fighters and the NRF forces in Dara-e Qasan of Andrab district.

AFF statement read, "The Taliban are going to attack again after collecting the bodies of its killed fighters.”

Media Review (View of the Day)
AITV News (24) - DC
Safiran - Season 3

Share your story

Send your Videos and Photos to us