• العربية
  • پښتو
  • فارسی
Brand
  • Afghanistan
  • Sport
  • Markets
  • Afghanistan
  • Sport
  • Markets
  • Theme
  • Language
    • العربية
    • پښتو
    • فارسی
  • Afghanistan
  • Sport
  • Markets
All rights reserved for Volant Media UK Limited
volant media logo

Taliban Set NRF Leader's House On Fire In Panjshir

Jan 13, 2023, 11:03 GMT+0

Fazal Ahmad Manawi, former Minister of Justice, confirmed that Taliban fighter set fire to his house and library in Panjshir province. Manawi told Afghanistan International, “Very old and valuable books were present in that collection."

However, Taliban officials have said that the fire started due to an electrical short-circuit, whereas Manawi believes that it was intentional.

Taliban has been using the house as a military base.

Photos received by Afghanistan International shows a plume of smoke over the house.

Fazal Ahmad Manawi is a leading member of the National Resistance Front of Afghanistan (NRF). Recently, he submitted documents of war crimes to the International Criminal Court. Over the past days, Manawi objected to the Taliban’s agreement with a Chinese company regarding extraction of oil from the Amu Darya basin and called it illegal.

Most Viewed

Taliban Sends More Forces To Badakhshan, Says Sources
1

Taliban Sends More Forces To Badakhshan, Says Sources

2

Former Afghan Army General Detained Over Alleged Killing Of Two Women

3

Taliban Do Not Meet Conditions For UN Seat, Says Afghan Envoy

4

Russia & China Raise Alarm Over Terrorism Threat In Afghanistan

5

EU Parliament Approves Resolution Urging Sanctions Against Taliban Leaders

•
•
•

More Stories

Received 47 Victims, Including 3 Dead, Says Emergency Hospital in Kabul

Jan 13, 2023, 09:34 GMT+0

Emergency Hospital in Kabul announced that they have received 47 victims from the site of the suicide attack in front of the Taliban's foreign ministry on Wednesday. Of the victims received, three had been declared dead on arrival.

The hospital announced that 19 of the injured are in “critical” condition.

Reports indicate that at least 20 people died as the result of the attack.

Emergency Hospital’s Country Director, in video message said that one of the injured has been discharged after receiving medical services.

According to the sources, at least 16 of the victims who lost their lives in the explosion, were employees of the foreign ministry.

The United Nations and several countries condemned the attack.

ISIS claimed responsibility of the attack in Kabul.

Moscow Won’t Criticize Taliban, Says Kabulov During Kabul Visit

Jan 12, 2023, 14:44 GMT+0

Zamir Kabulov, the Russian special envoy for Afghanistan, met the Taliban's foreign minister Amir Khan Muttaqi. A Taliban spokesperson quoted Kabulov as saying that Moscow does not want to criticise the Taliban and interfere in the internal affairs of Afghanistan.

Kabulov has also reportedly said that Moscow wants stability and development in Afghanistan.

The Taliban foreign minister has appreciated Moscow’s cooperation with the group over the past year.

During the meeting, Amir Khan Muttaqi, the Taliban’s foreign minister, asked for the expansion of the diplomatic presence of the group in Moscow.

Last year, the Taliban sent a diplomat to Moscow to work as the Charge d'Affaires of the Afghan embassy in Russia.

The Taliban, which has close relations with Russia, also wants to expand trade relations with the country. According to the Taliban foreign ministry, Muttaqi has also discussed the expansion of trade relations between Russia and Afghanistan.

Kabulov has also stressed that Russia does not want Afghanistan to be isolated and continues to cooperate with the Taliban.

This is the second visit of Zamir Kabulov to Kabul since the Taliban came to power in August 2021.

Over 700 Hazaras Killed And Injured in 2022 by ISKP Attacks, Reports HRW

Jan 12, 2023, 13:18 GMT+0

Human Rights Watch (HRW) in its latest World Report 2023 highlighted that at least 700 people have been killed and injured due to the Islamic State of Khorasan Province (ISKP) carrying out attacks on schools and mosques, mostly targeting ethnic Hazara Shia Muslims.

The report listed some attacks over 2022, which the ISKP had claimed responsibility for in 2022, including on April 19, when a suicide bomber blew himself at a high school in Dasht-e Barchi, west Kabul, a predominantly Hazara and Shia area, which killed or injured 20 students, teachers, and staff.

“ISKP also claimed responsibility for an attack two days later at Seh Dokan Mosque in Mazar e Sharif that killed 31 people and wounded 87 others. On April 27, unidentified gunmen killed five Hazara men on their way to the Dare-Suf coal mine in Samangan. On September 30, an attack on an educational center in west Kabul, again a Hazara dominated area, killed 53 and injured 100 students, mostly women and girls,” the report stated.

The report emphasised that the Taliban’s failure to provide security to at-risk populations and medical and other assistance to survivors and affected families has exacerbated the harm caused by the attacks.

HRW said that the attacks exacted a severe long-term toll apart from the immediate impact as it deprived survivors and families of victims of breadwinners, often imposing severe medical burdens, and restricting their access to daily life.

Afghans React to Kabul Suicide Attack, Call Taliban Responsible for Terror Culture

Jan 12, 2023, 11:40 GMT+0

Many Afghans, including politicians, have reacted to the suicide attack at the entrance of the Taliban’s foreign ministry in Kabul. Former spymaster, Rahmatullah Nabil, indirectly referring to the Taliban, said that the owners of suicide bombers will not change their behaviour.

ISIS claimed responsibility for the attack which killed and wounded around 20 people on Wednesday.

Fazal Ahmed Manawi, the former Minister of Justice in Afghanistan, also said that the Taliban is a promoter of suicide terrorism in Afghanistan and that the group owns special suicide terror units.

Manawi added, "I am sure that the sedition that the Taliban have created will cost them their lives."

Meanwhile, Fawzia Kofi, a former member of the Afghan parliament, said that Afghanistan is in a situation where no one takes responsibility.

However, many social media users have expressed sympathy for the victims of the attack and have said that the Taliban is responsible for suicide terrorism.

In the past year and a half, attacks on the Taliban, which have been usually claimed by the ISIS, have not met with many reactions from Afghan citizens.

However, Wednesday's attack, in which most of the victims have been civilians and employees of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, received a wide range of reactions from Afghans. With the fall of the previous Afghan government, many employees of government institutions continued their government jobs.

US Envoy Stresses on Taking Measures to Ensure Security, Investigate Kabul MoFA Attack

Jan 12, 2023, 09:50 GMT+0

Karen Decker, the Chargé d'Affaires of the US Embassy in Afghanistan, has emphasised that the authorities should focus on investigating why and how the attack at the gate of the Taliban's Foreign Ministry in Kabul occurred.

She stressed that it is important to know what measures will be taken to prevent another attack.

Decker condemned the attack and said that Afghan citizens and foreign guests alike need be able to count on effective security.

ISIS claimed responsibility for the attack in Kabul.

According to reports, at least 20 people had died, and dozens had been injured in the attack on Wednesday.

The emergency hospital in Kabul announced that 40 wounded from this attack were transferred to this hospital.

The Taliban, however, confirmed that only five died in the attack. The suicide attack took place when the employees of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs were leaving the compound.

Sources in the Taliban's foreign ministry told Afghanistan International that the explosion took place when a Chinese delegation was meeting with officials of the group.