• العربية
  • پښتو
  • فارسی
Brand
  • Afghanistan
  • Sport
  • Markets
  • Afghanistan
  • Sport
  • Markets
  • Theme
  • Language
    • العربية
    • پښتو
    • فارسی
  • Afghanistan
  • Sport
  • Markets
All rights reserved for Volant Media UK Limited
volant media logo

Kidnappers in Prison Released After Pressure From Taliban’s Foreign Minister

Jan 30, 2023, 13:54 GMT+0

Information received by Afghanistan International shows that a group of kidnappers have been released from Taliban prisons because of pressure from Taliban foreign minister Amir Khan Muttaqi. Sources said that the kidnappers’ leader is a relative of Taliban’s foreign minister.

According to these sources, on the orders of Muttaqi, weapons, and ammunition of the arrested kidnappers have also been returned to them.

Earlier, a group of 11 kidnappers, led by a person named Fazl ul Haq, a resident of Maidan Wardak province, had been arrested by the Taliban intelligence agency.

The Taliban intelligence released a video of the confession of these people and announced the release of the abducted victim.

In the video released by the Taliban intelligence, the kidnappers confessed to several cases of kidnapping and receiving ransom from people during the republic era and the Taliban rule.

The agency also released a video of the victim as saying that the kidnappers wanted to cut off his ears and send them to his family to make them pay the ransom.

The group of kidnappers had been waiting for a verdict in court when they were released under pressure from the Taliban foreign minister.

Most Viewed

EU Parliament Approves Resolution Urging Sanctions Against Taliban Leaders
1

EU Parliament Approves Resolution Urging Sanctions Against Taliban Leaders

2

Senior Taliban Delegation Visits Turkmenistan

3

Kabul Military Airport Hit In Rocket Attack, Claims Anti-Taliban Group

4

Russia & China Raise Alarm Over Terrorism Threat In Afghanistan

5

More Than 300 Afghans Released From Pakistani Prisons

•
•
•

More Stories

Deeply Concerned About World’s Negligence of Taliban’s Actions, Says NRF

Jan 30, 2023, 11:39 GMT+0

The National Resistance Front (NRF) said that it is in Taliban’s nature to suppress women in Afghanistan. The NRF, however, added that the group is deeply concerned about the world’s negligence of the Taliban’s actions.

NRF said that condemnation alone will not be enough to change Taliban’s actions.

Sibghatullah Ahmadi, the spokesperson of NRF, said on Monday that the Taliban's actions against Afghan women are a gross violation of basic human rights, and urged the international community to show practical response to the group.

In their latest move against Afghan women, the Taliban have banned Afghan girls from taking university entrance exams across Afghanistan.

The NRF spokesperson condemned the Taliban’s actions against Afghan women and said that the group has not changed.

Humanitarian Aid Won’t Help; Invest in Infrastructure, Says Taliban’s Economy Minister

Jan 30, 2023, 11:08 GMT+0

Din Mohammad Hanif, Taliban’s Minister of Economy, said that humanitarian aid alone cannot solve the problems of Afghans. During a meeting with the Chargé d'Affaires of the European Union for Afghanistan, Hanif asked for support in the development and infrastructure sectors.

Hanif asked the world to engage with the Taliban and said that pressure on the group will have a negative impact on the country.

According to the Taliban-controlled Bakhtar News Agency, the minister of economy of the Taliban, stressed that the international community should try to solve the existing challenges through dialogue.

In the meeting, the EU envoy asked the Taliban to lift the ban on the right to education and work of Afghan women and girls.

The Taliban continues to ask for engagement with the world and more investments in Afghanistan while domestically they have removed Afghan women from social life.

Pakistan FM Discusses Afghanistan During Moscow Visit

Jan 30, 2023, 09:53 GMT+0

Pakistani Foreign Minister, Bilawal Bhutto Zardari, visited Moscow at the invitation of Russian Foreign Minister, Sergey Lavrov. Pakistan official sources said that Zardari and his Russian counterpart will assess the Taliban's commitments to the international community.

According to these sources, the situation in Afghanistan will be one of the important issues during the discussion between the foreign ministers of the two countries on Monday.

The foreign ministers will also assess if they have been successful in their commitments to form an inclusive government and prevent the activities of terrorist groups in Afghanistan.

Zardari's first visit to Moscow is taking place at a time when the Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan has increased its attacks inside Pakistan.

Russia also concerned about the rising ISIS activities in Afghanistan.

166 People Dead Due To Cold and Other Natural Disasters in Afghanistan

Jan 28, 2023, 16:07 GMT+0

The Taliban’s ministry of disaster management announced that over the past 17 days, at least 166 people have died, and 22 others have been injured in 24 provinces of Afghanistan due to snowfall, floods, cold weather, and fires.

Abdul Rahman Zahid, director of administrative and financial affairs of the ministry said that 80,000 cattle were also lost during this period.

Zahid added that humanitarian aid has been distributed to 40,000 vulnerable families in the past month with the cooperation of other Taliban and UN agencies.

Afghanistan has witnessed an unprecedented cold during the winter of this year, and in recent weeks, the temperature has reached minus 30 degrees in several provinces.

The number of human casualties due to the cold is increasing while several relief organisations have stopped their operations after the Taliban banned women from work.

Taliban Bans Afghan Girls’ From Taking University Entrance Exams of Private Institutes

Jan 28, 2023, 12:26 GMT+0

The Taliban's Ministry of Higher Education announced a ban on the participation of girls in university entrance exams of private universities. In a letter to private universities, Taliban said that "registration of female students is not allowed until further notice".

In the letter, issued by the Ministry of Higher Education of the Taliban, it has also been stated that the registration of male students "is not allowed against the provisions of the educational regulations of the bachelor's degree and postgraduate education”.

Mohammad Salim Afghan, Director of Student Affairs of the Taliban's Ministry of Education, has warned private higher education institutions that in case of violation of the group's order, legal action will be taken against them.

Previously, the Ministry of Higher Education of the Taliban suspended the rights to higher education of Afghan girls too.

The group had also banned secondary and higher education for girls soon after taking over Afghanistan in 2021.

After widespread criticism of the Taliban, the group's officials have said that the ban on girls' education is temporary.