• العربية
  • پښتو
  • فارسی
Brand
  • Afghanistan
  • Sport
  • Analysis
  • Markets
  • Afghanistan
  • Sport
  • Analysis
  • Markets
  • Theme
  • Language
    • العربية
    • پښتو
    • فارسی
  • Afghanistan
  • Sport
  • Analysis
  • Markets
All rights reserved for Volant Media UK Limited
volant media logo

Death Toll from Northern Afghanistan Earthquake Rises To 27, Says Taliban

Nov 3, 2025, 13:27 GMT+0

The Taliban-run Bakhtar News Agency reported that the death toll from Sunday night’s earthquake in northern Afghanistan has risen to 27, with 730 others injured. The agency said Balkh province recorded the highest number of casualties.

According to Bakhtar, fatalities and injuries were reported across Balkh, Samangan, Sar-e-Pul, and Kunduz provinces. In Balkh alone, 12 people were killed and 407 injured, while Samangan reported 11 deaths and 270 injuries. Four deaths were also recorded in Sar-e-Pul.

The agency said at least 41 students at Kunduz University were injured while attempting to flee dormitory buildings amid panic and crowding.

Earlier, the Taliban’s Ministry of Public Health had placed the death toll at around 20.

The World Health Organization separately reported that more than 850 people had been injured in the quake and warned that the number of casualties continues to rise as rescue efforts progress.

Most Viewed

NRF Confirm Death Of Its Senior Commander Hasib Panjshiri
1

NRF Confirm Death Of Its Senior Commander Hasib Panjshiri

2

Iran Executes Afghan National Over Alleged Role In Protests

3

Opposition Groups Feature Prominently In Taliban Leaders’ Speeches

4

Taliban Turns To Iran & Central Asia As Western Engagement Declines

5

Engagement With Taliban Has Gained Momentum, Says India