DHS published the images of individuals who were allowed to remain in the United States under the Biden administration but later carried out acts of violence or other crimes. The department said Americans “do not have to suffer violence from people who should not be here at all.”
According to DHS, the individuals will be removed from the United States. One man on the list was already killed in a confrontation with police.
Jamal Wali – Shooting at US Police
DHS said Jamal Wali, an Afghan national admitted under the Biden administration’s “Operation Allies Welcome,” shot and wounded two Virginia police officers during a traffic stop. He was killed by return fire after declaring: “I should have served with the f–king Taliban!”
Abdullah Haji Zada and Nasir Ahmad Tohidi – Plotting a Terrorist Attack
DHS said Abdullah Haji Zada and Nasir Ahmed Tawhedi, both granted legal status by the Biden administration, were arrested and prosecuted for plotting a terrorist attack in Oklahoma City during the 2024 elections. DHS said they possessed hundreds of rounds of ammunition and had pledged allegiance to ISIS.
Mohammad Kharwin – On the Terrorism Watchlist
Mohammad Kharwin, an Afghan national listed on the terrorism watchlist, was detained by US Border Patrol in 2024. DHS said he was released into the United States under the Biden administration and lived freely for more than a year before being rearrested.
Jawed Ahmadi – Assault
DHS said Jawed Ahmadi, an undocumented Afghan “criminal,” was arrested in 2025 by US Immigration and Customs Enforcement and convicted of second-degree assault, despite previously having been authorised to remain in the United States.
Bahrullah Noori – Attempted Sexual Assault
DHS said Bahrullah Noori, another Afghan national who had left the United States, was detained at Fort McCoy in Wisconsin and charged with attempting to engage in sexual acts with a minor.
Zabiullah Mohmand – Rape of a Teenage Girl
According to DHS, Zabiullah Mohmand, resettled in Montana under the Biden administration, was charged with raping a teenage girl in a motel room in Missoula.
DHS said the men were “just a few of the criminals who were said to be ‘fully vetted’ by the Biden administration.”
The announcement came shortly after an Afghan suspect, Rahmanullah Lakanwal, shot two US National Guard members in Washington, D.C., on Wednesday. One of the soldiers, 20-year-old Sarah Beckstrom, later died of her injuries.
US President Donald Trump said all cases of Afghans who entered the United States during Joe Biden’s presidency must be reviewed again, adding: “We must take all necessary measures to ensure the removal of any alien from any country who does not belong here or add benefit to our country.”
On Thursday, the US immigration agency said it had immediately suspended processing of all Afghan immigration applications. The US State Department also announced an immediate halt to the issuance of visas for all individuals holding Afghan passports.