• العربية
  • پښتو
  • فارسی
Brand
  • Afghanistan
  • Sport
  • Markets
  • Afghanistan
  • Sport
  • Markets
  • Theme
  • Language
    • العربية
    • پښتو
    • فارسی
  • Afghanistan
  • Sport
  • Markets
All rights reserved for Volant Media UK Limited
volant media logo

Taliban Fighters Engage Pakistani Forces In Khost Border Clash

Apr 6, 2026, 08:55 GMT+1

Taliban-affiliated media said on Sunday evening that the group’s forces attacked a Pakistani border post near Khost province, claiming several Pakistani soldiers were killed in the exchange of fire.

Local sources in Khost told Afghanistan International the clash occurred around 8pm on Sunday in the border area of Tani district, with gunfire reportedly continuing between the two sides.

Abdul Haq Fida, spokesperson for the Taliban’s 203rd Corps in south-eastern Afghanistan, claimed a Pakistani military post was destroyed. He added that the body of a Pakistani soldier had come into Taliban possession.

Officials from the corps released a video showing the body of a Pakistani soldier and claimed that at least four Pakistani troops had been killed so far.

The Taliban have not provided details about their own casualties.

Pakistani authorities have not yet commented on the incident or any reported losses.

Most Viewed

EU Parliament Approves Resolution Urging Sanctions Against Taliban Leaders
1

EU Parliament Approves Resolution Urging Sanctions Against Taliban Leaders

2

Kabul Military Airport Hit In Rocket Attack, Claims Anti-Taliban Group

3

Policy Towards Taliban Will Remain Unchanged, Says Pakistan

4

EU Parliament Members Push To Cancel Taliban Visit To Brussels

5

Taliban Official Calls For Visa-Free Travel Between Afghanistan & Uzbekistan

•
•
•

More Stories

Flooding Forces Closure Of Major Routes Across Afghanistan

Apr 4, 2026, 17:20 GMT+1

The Taliban’s Public Works Ministry says heavy rain, flooding and landslides over recent days have temporarily blocked several highways and roads across Afghanistan.

According to the ministry, in Ghor province the Ghor-Kabul route in Badghah and Dawlat Yar, the Dara Kargosh route in Charsada district and the Ghor–Herat Road in Kamanj, Shahrak district, have been closed.

It added that roads in six districts in the southern zone and the route between the provincial center and Murghab district have also been temporarily blocked.

The Kabul–Jalalabad highway has also been closed in the Tang-e Gharu area due to landslides.

The ministry said provincial teams have begun clearance work to reopen the routes. Some roads have already been reopened, while efforts to restore access to others are ongoing.

According to the statement, the Parwan–Bamiyan route in Siahgard and Shinwari, and the Bamiyan–Maidan Wardak Road in the Hajigak and Unai passes, which had previously been blocked, have now been reopened.

The ministry urged people to avoid travelling on blocked routes until full reopening is officially announced.

Pakistan Deports Nearly 3,000 Afghan Migrants In One Day

Apr 4, 2026, 15:43 GMT+1

The Taliban’s commission on migrant affairs says Pakistan deported at least 2,990 Afghan migrants on Friday, returning them through the Torkham and Spin Boldak crossings.

In a statement, the commission said at least 169 returnees were transferred from Kabul to various provinces on that day.

Pakistan has recently stepped up the arrest and deportation of Afghan migrants. It has reopened the Torkham crossing specifically for the expulsion of undocumented migrants.

The crossing had previously been closed to passenger traffic following tensions and clashes between the Taliban and Pakistan.

Pakistan had shut the Torkham crossing to trade and transit since October amid border clashes.

Officials said the crossing has now been reopened on a one-way basis solely for the return of Afghan migrants.

This comes despite repeated warnings from international organisations that returning many Afghan migrants, including women, journalists, former government officials and soldiers, to Taliban-controlled Afghanistan is unsafe.

Afghanistan Earthquake Leaves 12 Dead, Dozens Of Homes Damaged

Apr 4, 2026, 14:13 GMT+1

The Taliban say at least 12 people were killed and four injured in a strong earthquake on Friday night, which also damaged dozens of homes across several Afghan provinces.

Hamdullah Fitrat, deputy Taliban spokesperson, said on Saturday, April 4, that the earthquake caused casualties and damage in Kabul, Panjshir, Logar, Nangarhar, Laghman and Nuristan.

The US Geological Survey said the 5.8-magnitude earthquake struck at about 8:42pm Kabul time in the Hindu Kush region at a depth of 186 kilometres.

The Taliban said the earthquake destroyed one house in Bagrami district of Kabul, killing eight people.

Tremors were also felt across large parts of India and Pakistan.

Radio Television Afghanistan under Taliban control earlier reported that a house collapsed in Bagrami, killing eight members of a single family.

Children Make Up 66 Percent Of Mine Victims In Afghanistan, Says Red Cross

Apr 4, 2026, 11:31 GMT+1

The International Committee of the Red Cross says at least 92 people were killed and 375 injured by landmines and unexploded ordnance in Afghanistan in 2025, with children making up at least 66 percent of the victims.

Marking Mine Awareness Day on Saturday, April 4, the ICRC said it recorded at least 217 incidents involving explosive remnants of war across Afghanistan last year.

The organisation noted that landmines and unexploded ordnance from decades of conflict continue to pose a serious threat to civilians.

According to UN data, Afghanistan remains one of the three most contaminated countries in the world by explosive hazards.

The report said one-third of such incidents occurred in eastern Afghanistan, while 48% were in western regions and 34% in southern areas. The lowest number of incidents was recorded in northern provinces.

The ICRC described the level of casualties as alarming, noting that for every person killed, nearly four others were injured. Many of the wounded suffer long-term disabilities and require ongoing care.

The report stressed that the high casualty rate highlights the urgent need to expand mine risk education programmes across Afghanistan.

Last year, the ICRC provided essential awareness training to 120,000 people in areas contaminated by explosive hazards.

UN Special Rapporteur Richard Bennett also called on the international community to invest in continued clearance of landmines and unexploded ordnance, stressing that Afghanistan remains among the most affected countries globally.

US 2027 Budget Would Restrict Afghan Resettlement, Says AfghanEvac

Apr 4, 2026, 10:24 GMT+1

AfghanEvac says a proposed 2027 Trump administration budget would shut down legal pathways for Afghan refugees to enter the United States, prioritising detention, deportation and migration control.

The group said the changes come as Afghan cases are already delayed and entry for those with Special Immigrant Visas (SIV) has effectively stalled.

In a statement, AfghanEvac warned that if implemented, the “Enduring Welcome” programme for relocating Afghan allies would be fully closed, with no replacement offered.

It added that the proposed 2027 budget includes no funding for refugee and migration assistance, reducing the capacity to resettle refugees.

According to AfghanEvac, the budget prioritises deterrence policies over humanitarian support, redirecting resources towards deportations and migration control.

The organisation warned that the proposal would not only change policies but reshape the immigration system, leaving legal pathways on paper while removing practical access to them.

Following a shooting by an Afghan refugee at US National Guard personnel in Washington, DC, the Trump administration increased restrictions on Afghan refugees, leaving them unable to obtain permanent residency or citizenship indefinitely.

The administration had also previously banned entry to the United States from 12 countries, including Afghanistan.

Reports indicate that thousands of Afghans eligible for resettlement as refugees or through Special Immigrant Visas are currently awaiting transfer to the United States.