At least 19 civilians have been killed and many more injured in Friday’s blast at the cricket stadium in Kabul, said Antonio Guterres, the United Nations Secretary General.
Guterres strongly condemned this attack and said that attacks on civilians and civilian objects are strictly prohibited under international law.
Thomas West, the US special representative for Afghanistan, has also said that he is deeply saddened by the explosion during a cricket match in Kabul.
West said that violence serves no purpose and is not an answer for the people of Afghanistan.
Earlier, the Emergency Hospital in Kabul had confirmed that 13 wounded were taken to the hospital, one of them was declared dead on arrival and 12 others were under treatment.
Other local sources told Afghanistan International that seven people had been killed in the attack. Eyewitnesses also said that the number of dead and injured was high.
However, the Taliban officials announced that only four people were injured during the cricket stadium explosion. No group or individual has claimed responsibility for this attack yet.