Taliban Officials Report Conflicting Casualty Numbers in Western Kabul Blast

Saturday, 08/13/2022

Abdul Nafee Takur, spokesperson for Taliban's Ministry of Interior, told Afghanistan International that "only two people had been slightly injured" in the explosion in western Kabul.

Other Taliban officials, however, confirmed that four people had been injured in the explosion.

Taliban officials seem to have been caught off-guard regarding details about the explosion which took place on Saturday in Dasht-e-Barchi area of western Kabul as there are conflicting reports about the number of people injured.

Doubts over the number of people injured comes as the Taliban member in charge of District 13 security in Kabul city said that two Taliban members and two civilians had been injured in the explosion in Dasht-e-Barchi.

Many believe that the Taliban officials don’t share the exact number of casualties of blasts and attacks across Afghanistan.

Sources of Afghanistan International said that the explosion took place close to the National Identity Card distribution office.

AITV News (42) - DC
AITV News Special Events - G4 (12')
AITV News (24) - DC

Share your story

Send your Videos and Photos to us