Kabul Emergency Hospital confirmed that so far it has received at least four dead bodies and 10 injured people from the explosion site at Wazir Akbar Khan Mosque.
The Taliban's Ministry of Interior, however, has refused to provide details about the casualties of the explosion.
Abdul Nafi Takor, a spokesperson for the Taliban’s Ministry of Interior told Afghanistan International that the explosion had caused casualties and that all the victims were civilians.
According to Takor, the explosion took place after the Friday prayers when people were leaving the Wazir Akbar Khan Mosque.
So far, no individual or group has claimed responsibility for this explosion, but in the past, the Islamic State-Khurasan (IS-K) has taken responsibility for similar attacks.
IS-K recently said in a statement that the Taliban had not been able to prevent the group’s attacks in Afghanistan.