• العربية
  • پښتو
  • فارسی
Brand
  • Afghanistan
  • Sport
  • Markets
  • Afghanistan
  • Sport
  • Markets
  • Theme
  • Language
    • العربية
    • پښتو
    • فارسی
  • Afghanistan
  • Sport
  • Markets
All rights reserved for Volant Media UK Limited
volant media logo

Taliban Claims Killing 38 NRF forces During Clashes in Badakhshan

Oct 24, 2022, 09:50 GMT+1

Taliban has killed 38 members and wounded 78 others of the National Resistance Front (NRF) in Badakhshan province, reported Taliban-controlled Bakhtar News Agency. According to the Taliban officials, they have been engaged in fierce fighting with the NRF forces in Badakhshan.

Moezuddin Ahmadi, the director of information and culture of the Taliban in Badakhshan, claimed that two NRF senior commanders are among those dead.

Earlier, there were reports of instense battles of the National Resistance Front forces against the Taliban in Badakhshan province.

The Taliban spokespersons, however, had avoided commenting on the expansion of NRF presence and battle in Badakhshan province.

Most Viewed

Operations Against Afghan Taliban Will Continue, Says Pakistan PM
1

Operations Against Afghan Taliban Will Continue, Says Pakistan PM

2

Taliban Sends More Forces To Badakhshan, Says Sources

3

No One Can Take Over Mines In Badakhshan, Says New Taliban Mining Chief

4

Taliban Do Not Meet Conditions For UN Seat, Says Afghan Envoy

5

Former Afghan Army General Detained Over Alleged Killing Of Two Women

•
•
•

More Stories

Former Senior Afghan Defense Official Killed in Takhar

Oct 22, 2022, 13:41 GMT+1

Local sources told Afghanistan International that a senior defense official of the former government of Afghanistan has been killed on Saturday, in Takhar province. The official, General Ghani Panjshiri, was the director of facilities at the Ministry of Defense in Afghanistan.

According to the sources, he was killed in front of the Taliban provincial General Directorate of Intelligence headquarters in Taloqan city in Takhar province.

The perpetrators behind the death of the former defense official have not been identified yet.

A Taliban security official in Takhar confirmed the incident to Afghanistan International. He said that the reason for the attack on the former defense official may be "personal enmity".

UN Special Representative for Afghanistan Visits Girls School in Kunduz

Oct 22, 2022, 12:12 GMT+1

UN Special Representative for Afghanistan, Roza Otunbayeva, visited a girls’ schools in Kunduz city and met with the local Taliban officials and civil society members, media personnel, and traders. Otunbayeva also stressed on positive approaches in key sectors of the province.

According to a UN statement, during her visit to Kunduz, Otunbayeva added, "Limited livelihood opportunities, banking, and investment have been the main concerns, which need to be addressed."

Before visiting Kunduz, the UN Special Representative held meetings with the Taliban foreign minister Amir Khan Muttaqi, and the group’s deputy prime minister, Abdul Salam Hanafi, in Kabul.

During the two meetings, she emphasised on the importance of girls' education in Afghanistan.

The Taliban ordered the closure of secondary and high schools for girls after taking control of Afghanistan in August 2021.

6 Involved in Attack at Kaaj Educational Center Killed in Kabul, Says Taliban

Oct 22, 2022, 10:02 GMT+1

Taliban spokesperson, Zabihullah Mujahid, said that six people have been killed during the group’s operation “against an important network of Islamic State-Khurasan (IS-K)” in Kabul, on Friday evening.

Mujahid claimed that people who had been killed were involved in the explosion at Wazir Akbar Khan Mosque, the attack at the Kaaj educational center, and many other attacks on civilian targets.

In a tweet, Zabihullah Mujahid, said, “First, two of them were arrested. Later, their hideout was discovered, and an operation was launched in District-8 of Kabul."

In the report published by Mujahid, it has been stated, “Six IS-K members have been killed. Weapon, hand grenades, explosives, and one vehicle have been seized."

Taliban Bars Karzai From Leaving Afghanistan, Say Sources

Oct 22, 2022, 09:08 GMT+1

Sources close to the former Afghan president, Hamid Karzai, confirmed to Afghanistan International that the Taliban prevented him from traveling to Germany. Sources add that Karzai was scheduled to travel to Germany to participate in a meeting.

Earlier, Hamid Karzai had stated that he was banned from leaving Afghanistan by the Taliban.

The former president of Afghanistan told Der Spiegel magazine that he was not allowed to leave Kabul and every time he had attempted to travel, the Taliban had prevented him.

On the first day of the escape of former president Ashraf Ghani on August 15, 2021, from Kabul, a video was circulated on social media in which Karzai, along with his children, said that he will not leave the country.

3 Children Killed Due To Explosion In Badghis

Oct 21, 2022, 14:15 GMT+1

Taliban-controlled Bakhtar News Agency reported that three girls lost their lives due to an explosion of an unexploded ammunition in Kharistan area of Muqur district of Badghis province.

The report stated that the ammunition from previous wars were left around outposts of the former government.

Over the past few years, explosives and planted mines have been one of the main factors of Afghanistan people’s death, especially children.

Over the past four decades of war, almost all of the involved parties created minefields for taking down the opponent.

Earlier, the United Nations Mine Action Service (UNMAS) had said that clearing Afghanistan from mines and ammunition would at least need 10 years.