The Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) claimed responsibility for the armed attack on a vehicle carrying Taliban personnel in Herat on Monday.
A short video published on the ISIS-affiliated Amaq website showcases windows of a military vehicle being hit by a barrage of bullets and then, the vehicle halts.
The Taliban Ministry of Defense has confirmed that two of its men had been killed in the attack. However, local sources told Afghanistan International that multiple attacks had caused 18 casualties.
A local reporter from Herat said that the Taliban did not allow reporters near the scene of the attack.
A journalist, who did not want to be named for security reasons, said that despite the reporters' repeated efforts, they failed to get more information regarding these attacks.