• العربية
  • پښتو
  • فارسی
Brand
  • Afghanistan
  • Sport
  • Markets
  • Afghanistan
  • Sport
  • Markets
  • Theme
  • Language
    • العربية
    • پښتو
    • فارسی
  • Afghanistan
  • Sport
  • Markets
All rights reserved for Volant Media UK Limited
volant media logo

US Envoy Stresses on Taking Measures to Ensure Security, Investigate Kabul MoFA Attack

Jan 12, 2023, 09:50 GMT+0

Karen Decker, the Chargé d'Affaires of the US Embassy in Afghanistan, has emphasised that the authorities should focus on investigating why and how the attack at the gate of the Taliban's Foreign Ministry in Kabul occurred.

She stressed that it is important to know what measures will be taken to prevent another attack.

Decker condemned the attack and said that Afghan citizens and foreign guests alike need be able to count on effective security.

ISIS claimed responsibility for the attack in Kabul.

According to reports, at least 20 people had died, and dozens had been injured in the attack on Wednesday.

The emergency hospital in Kabul announced that 40 wounded from this attack were transferred to this hospital.

The Taliban, however, confirmed that only five died in the attack. The suicide attack took place when the employees of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs were leaving the compound.

Sources in the Taliban's foreign ministry told Afghanistan International that the explosion took place when a Chinese delegation was meeting with officials of the group.

Most Viewed

Afghan Families Selling Children As Poverty Deepens, Reports BBC
1

Afghan Families Selling Children As Poverty Deepens, Reports BBC

2

Gold Mine Tensions Escalate As Taliban Arrest Commanders’ Relatives

3

UK Envoy Discusses Women’s Participation In Afghanistan With Taliban Ambassador

4

Pakistani Defence Minister Warns Taliban Against Ties With Pakistan’s Enemies

5

Central Asian Security Hinges On Stability In Afghanistan, Says Kyrgyz President

•
•
•

More Stories

Blast Hit Taliban MoFA During Chinese Delegation Meeting

Jan 11, 2023, 15:09 GMT+0

Sources told Afghanistan International that a blast took place at Taliban's Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA) when a Chinese delegation was inside the building. Sources also confirmed that eight employees of the MoFA have been killed and wounded in the blast on Wednesday.

Khalid Zadran, the spokesman of the Taliban police in Kabul, said that the explosion took place at 4:00 pm local time.

Ahmadullah Mottaqi, brother of Taliban Foreign Minister Amir Khan Mottaqi, said on Twitter that a suicide attack took place in front of the foreign ministry.

Agence France-Presse reported that this explosion was a suicide attack, as a result of which around twenty people have been killed and wounded.

So far, no group has claimed responsibility for the blast.

Explosion Takes Place Infront of Gate of Taliban’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs

Jan 11, 2023, 13:26 GMT+0

Sources confirmed that an explosion took place at the gate of the Taliban's Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Kabul. According to the sources, after the explosion, gunshots were also heard.

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Taliban is in proximity to the presidential palace of Afghanistan from where the Taliban prime minister operates.

The images of the scene of the explosion published on social media depict a number of people injured on the streets.

Taliban officials have not yet commented on the nature of the explosion and the casualties caused due to it.

This explosion took place on Wednesday afternoon local time, and no group has claimed responsibility for it.

Death of Kyrgyz Citizens in Afghanistan Prompts Kyrgyzstan To Investigate Spread of Virus

Jan 11, 2023, 10:53 GMT+0

Kyrgyzstan announced that the country is investigating the possible spread of a deadly virus and death of Kyrgyz residents in Pamir region of Afghanistan. Kyrgyzstan foreign ministry said that a representative of Kyrgyz Embassy in Kabul has been dispatched to the Pamir region.

The ministry added that the situation in Pamir e Kochak is calm and there have been no reports of disease and virus outbreaks in this region.

So far, there have been no reports regarding Kyrgyz casualties living in the Pamir e Bozorg region due to the deadly virus.

However, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Kyrgyzstan said that handling of the situation of the Kyrgyz people of the Pamir region is a priority for the embassy of the country in Afghanistan. The ministry has not given information about the deadly virus.

After the Taliban took control of Afghanistan in August 2021, Kazakhstan has expressed concerns about the situation of Kyrgyz citizens of Afghanistan.

The Pamir region, which is divided into two parts, is located in the Wakhan district of Badakhshan Province, in the northeast of Afghanistan.

Earlier, Kyrgyzstan had announced the country’s intention to transfer 400 Kyrgyz families from the Pamir region of Afghanistan to Kyrgyzstan.

Minister of Labour, Social Security and Migration of Kyrgyzstan, said that the total number of these families reaches 1,500 people and they will leave Afghanistan by 2024.

Heavy Snowfall Impacts Traffic Movement in Several Provinces of Afghanistan

Jan 11, 2023, 08:45 GMT+0

Heavy snowfall has closed highways to traffic in several provinces including Ghor-Kabul, Badghis-Herat, Daikundi, and Salang. Abdul Ahmad Hamas, the Taliban governor’s spokesperson in Ghor, asked citizens not to travel towards the Ghor-Kabul highway on Wednesday.

Taliban local officials in Badghis province have also announced that the Badghis-Herat highway is closed to traffic.

The Taliban officials also announced that the Salang highway had been closed for traffic due to heavy snowfall.

Heavy snowfall has been forecast in several provinces of Afghanistan in the coming days.

Orders of Ruler Against Sharia Not Obligatory, Says Taliban Deputy FM

Jan 10, 2023, 15:06 GMT+0

Sher Mohammad Abbas Stanikzai, Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Taliban, said that only those orders of the ruler that are in accordance to Sharia are obligatory. Stanikzai delivered a speech at a graduation ceremony of a school in Logar province.

During the Logar gathering, Stanikzai narrated a story from the era of the Prophet Mohammad and implied that the illogical ruler’s orders are not obligatory.

He also stressed on freedom of expression and said that Islam has given its followers the right to freedom of expression.

This senior Taliban official seems to challenge the recent decrees of Mullah Hibatullah Akhundzada, the leader of the Taliban, who banned the right to education and work of Afghan women.

Stanikzai, who was the leader of the Taliban's negotiating team with the Afghan and American representatives before the group took control of Kabul, had previously said in a meeting in Kabul in response to the closure of girls' schools that learning education is obligatory for men and women.